Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

QB pay , out of hand? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User offline   JamesJ30t Icon

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:51 PM

I brought this topic up in another thread about these QB's pay getting out of hand. These guys had a general discussion
in light of the issues with Dak Prescott getting signed by the Cowboys.
https://www.youtube....h?v=ZMBUt9_4A80

#2 User offline   SteVo Icon

• I dare do all that may become a man.
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationPlantation, FL

Posted 16 May 2020 - 05:23 PM

The price is very steep, but you have to pay it when you have a franchise QB. Yes, it makes it harder to put a Super Bowl caliber roster around the QB, but it's not impossible for a good organization. There's just less margin for error. What absolutely sinks you is when you dish out the huge contract to a mid-level QB. Is that what the Cowboys are about to do for Dak? I hope so.

#3 User offline   sentinelhyder Icon

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 18 May 2020 - 08:32 PM

View PostSteVo, on 16 May 2020 - 05:23 PM, said:

The price is very steep, but you have to pay it when you have a franchise QB. Yes, it makes it harder to put a Super Bowl caliber roster around the QB, but it's not impossible for a good organization. There's just less margin for error. What absolutely sinks you is when you dish out the huge contract to a mid-level QB. Is that what the Cowboys are about to do for Dak? I hope so.

I would assume they let him play on the tag to see how he does with that offense. of course if he does really well, it will cost them in offseason negotiations but he's already asking a pretty high price from what I gather. good problem to view from afar.

#4 User offline   Captain Obvious Icon

• Word Cotton
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationRiggtown

Posted 19 May 2020 - 12:43 PM

View PostSteVo, on 16 May 2020 - 05:23 PM, said:

This is a great point. If you look at the majority of Super Bowl winning teams (sans Brady) most of them either had a QB in the first 5 years of a rookie deal, or a veteran in the later stages of his career on a short contract. Money that was spent of better players at other positions, and roster needs that were addressed.

Eagles were no exception when they won it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Icon1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users)

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: