PhilaPhans: The Philadelphia Eagles'/NFL 2021 Offseason - PhilaPhans

Close Open
Close Open
  • 55 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Philadelphia Eagles'/NFL 2021 Offseason 03/11: Hargrove restructures Rate Topic: -----

#1 User offline   BelmontShore Icon

• I'm comin' to git choo
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Management

Posted 04 January 2021 - 07:57 PM

Let's get it on.

Rumors? Actions? Statements?

#2 User offline   sentinelhyder Icon

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 January 2021 - 08:12 PM

so going into this offseason:

DC is "taking a year off", need a new one;
Rumours that Wentz is going to demand a trade, declines to speak to press today, all but admitting there's an issue;
$70MM+ over the cap;
beleaguered GM and Coach seemingly going nowhere;
Major holes at WR and secondary, again;
lack of talent level = crap special teams;
speaking of cap hell, Cox, Hargraves and Jackson's combined cap hit is $55MM.

I'm sure there's more. Team Turmoil.

#3 User offline   HeadClown Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 January 2021 - 08:18 PM

Eagles just restructured the contracts of Malik Jackson and Alshon. These moves were made to lessen the blow of cutting them.

#4 User offline   HeadClown Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2021 - 08:41 PM

I think Howie is going to have to make some trades. Problem is, the Cap is not going to be what it was projected to be....looking to be around 180M-185M. He is going to need to at least look at trading Ertz and Wentz. I loved both of these guys, but Ertz's hands are not as good and he does get YAC and we have Goedert. Carson is much more difficult, but if they are keeping DP, then Carson will be traded. I just dont know with his contract if you can get a 1st round pick for him, I would want a 1st and 4th for Carson, but 2 2nd round picks would be a nice consolation. I think we can perhaps get a 3rd or 4th round pick for Ertz. Just for the record, I would rather fire DP and keep Carson, but does not look like that is going to happen.

Does anyone have an idea if we are looking at any comp picks this year?

The 6th pick is one that can be traded depending on how the QBs fall. I personally would like a trade down and then take the best CB available. But I really think the Eagles will either pick CB/WR or Parsons at LB.

The Eagles will need to replace 3/4 of their defensive backfield. And with no FA money to spend, they are going to need to use high picks on DBs

#5 User offline   BelmontShore Icon

• I'm comin' to git choo
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Management

Posted 04 January 2021 - 09:18 PM

I can't stand some of his decisions or his talent evaluation because Jordan Poyer should be a starting S, Jordan Hicks should still be calling signals as the MLB, Douglas and Jones should be the starting corners and Agholor should still be a WR. Oh, and Mostert should be a RB with Sanders.

That said, I have zero concerns about cap issues with Roseman. Maybe I'll be proved wrong, and then, so be it, but this guy has always been a magician with the cap and I can't imagine he didn't already know his way out when he set up the 2020 roster.

#6 User offline   Christopher Icon

Posted 04 January 2021 - 09:56 PM

1. No justification for keeping Pederson

2. This is not a team that can win NFC title in 2021, so just keep Wentz (instead of trade low) and see what you have with both Wentz/Hurts in 2021. Very little chance that Wentz's trade value will be even lower a year from now, if that's the desired route.

3. Hope for DeVonta Smith at #6?

4. Heartbreaking but it's part of the business, so trade Ertz.

#7 User offline   SteVo Icon

• I dare do all that may become a man.
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationPlantation, FL

Posted 04 January 2021 - 10:55 PM

How do we feel about a QB at #6 overall? I know many people don't want to go there but it's possible.

#8 User offline   Champs09 Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2021 - 11:02 PM

DP: Can't bring back both DP and Wentz. Personally, I want DP gone. Horrible coach.

Wentz/Hurts: Not sure he can win back the fan base, although I'm not sure why he needs to. He had a terrible year. Everyone goes through it. If you trade Wentz, and I think they should because he needs a fresh start, they better draft a QB because Hurts is not "the guy". He got worse in each of his starts and he engineered 2 scoring drives in the second halves of the games he started. Great guy (I have a ton of respect for him) but he's not a franchise guy.

Veterans: Ertz, Jeffrey, Jackson: All gone. I think there's a possibility that Kelce retires. He's been mulling it for a few seasons.

This team has a lot of holes. Could be some rough years ahead.

#9 User offline   Christopher Icon

Posted 05 January 2021 - 12:47 AM

I dunno. If you take a QB at No. 6 overall, it's almost certainly the #4-ranked quarterback in the draft that seems to have 3 slam-dunk quarterbacks, followed by a #4 guy from North Dakota State who played one game in 2020. .... We'll discuss this endlessly, but it seems much wiser to take the #1 LB, CB or WR.

#10 User offline   SteVo Icon

• I dare do all that may become a man.
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationPlantation, FL

Posted 05 January 2021 - 01:00 AM

I mean, the idea of the Eagles taking a North Dakota State QB is hilarious for so many reasons...

But yeah, WR/CB seems most logical. They obviously don't value LB that highly, and depth at OL/DL seems adequate enough.

Edit: Howie today said the Eagles need to hit with the 6th overall pick "in a big way." He knows his job is on the line in 2020. He wants to draft an impact player to improve the roster with Wentz or Hurts.

This post has been edited by SteVo: 05 January 2021 - 01:01 AM

Share this topic:

• 55 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Icon1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users)

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: