PhilaPhans: The Philadelphia Eagles'/NFL 2021 Offseason - PhilaPhans

Close Open
Close Open
  • 55 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Philadelphia Eagles'/NFL 2021 Offseason 03/11: Hargrove restructures Rate Topic: -----

#541 User offline   JamesJ30t Icon

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 April 2021 - 03:52 PM

Can this happen? Fields at pick 12 to the Eagles.

https://www.msn.com/...edgntp#image=13

#542 User offline   Christopher Icon

• Group: Moderators

Posted 13 April 2021 - 06:01 PM

No.

#543 User offline   SteVo Icon

• I dare do all that may become a man.
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationPlantation, FL

Posted 13 April 2021 - 07:40 PM

Can't imagine Fields getting past Denver, and if he somehow does, the Patriots will probably move up to get him before our pick.

#544 User offline   Ben Grimm Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationFar NE Philly

Posted 13 April 2021 - 11:06 PM

View PostSteVo, on 13 April 2021 - 07:40 PM, said:

Can't imagine Fields getting past Denver, and if he somehow does, the Patriots will probably move up to get him before our pick.

Yep. I didn't think it'd happen a month ago, but it's looking like 5 QBs are guaranteed to go in the top-10. Mond, Mills & Trask have all been talked up to be taken in the 2nd round.

I think the Falcons will push for a tradeout of the #4 and will end up taking Pitts if they cannot get a trade working. There's a belief they can still get two more decent years out of Ryan.

Last I heard, Burrow's been heavily promoting Chase to the FO in Cincy. Two weeks ago, I had them taking an OT for sure.

Miami's likely to take either Sewell or Slater at OT. Detroit could move back. I think they're willing to give Goff a year to see what he's got. This is a deep draft, so moving back and acquiring picks could be a great idea if you're not desperate for a QB.

Carolina could also trade back as they can use OT, CB or even LB. They'll have solid options 5-7 picks later at all of those positions.

Denver could be the team that tries to move up to #4. They could also figure that getting Sutton back from his injury will be enough help for Locke while grabbing the best LB/CB at this spot. If so, they'll likely go for one of those next-tier QBs in round 2.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few teams picking in the teens to move into the top-10. The Pats could do so if Fields or Mac Jones are sitting there - maybe jump in front of Denver. San Diego's biggest need is probably LT. They may move up if they don't like the drop-off after the top-3 are gone.

There's some hesitation from teams since Caleb Farley required back surgery. He's clean and cleared, but we all know how teams strictly stay away. IF the Eagles want probably the best skilled CB in the draft, they could do so at a discount. Teams in the 17-22 spots would love to move up to #12. I think the Birds could move back once again in a swap where they can turn a 5th round pick into a 3rd round pick. Such as the Eagles #12 & 5th rounder for Chicago's #20 & 3rd rounder. The top-3 rounds in this draft are full of talent. Getting a player with Farley's skills (he was a top-10 projected pick prior to the surgery) at #20 could be a steal. And since it offers up another 3rd, the Eagles will have more than enough picks available for that risk to be worth taking.

#545 User offline   Buff Icon

• Properly Rated
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationSeaford, DE

Posted 14 April 2021 - 04:23 PM

View PostBen Grimm, on 13 April 2021 - 11:06 PM, said:

There's some hesitation from teams since Caleb Farley required back surgery. He's clean and cleared, but we all know how teams strictly stay away. IF the Eagles want probably the best skilled CB in the draft, they could do so at a discount. Teams in the 17-22 spots would love to move up to #12. I think the Birds could move back once again in a swap where they can turn a 5th round pick into a 3rd round pick. Such as the Eagles #12 & 5th rounder for Chicago's #20 & 3rd rounder. The top-3 rounds in this draft are full of talent. Getting a player with Farley's skills (he was a top-10 projected pick prior to the surgery) at #20 could be a steal. And since it offers up another 3rd, the Eagles will have more than enough picks available for that risk to be worth taking.

I wonder if the way the Sidney Jones thing worked out if they'd be a little gun shy on Farley.

#546 User offline   Ben Grimm Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationFar NE Philly

Posted 14 April 2021 - 09:20 PM

View PostBuff, on 14 April 2021 - 04:23 PM, said:

I wonder if the way the Sidney Jones thing worked out if they'd be a little gun shy on Farley.

There's a solid difference. Farley's 100% good to go whereas Sidney still needed the time of rehab and such - basically punting him for the first season.

Farley is a plug and play. His technique is amazing. Whereas you (meaning a team) prefer Surtain if you're a coverage defense or Horn if you're a man D, Farley is the only one at the top level who's equally as good in both.

He'll be there at 12. He'll likely be there at 17, 18 or so. To possibly upgrade later picks is too enticing for me. Every year we see teams pass on players who can actually play for players who play well in street clothes after the combines.

#547 User offline   LeClair10 Icon

• PipPip

Posted 19 April 2021 - 05:44 PM

Most mocks now have Jacee Horn and Surtain going in the top 10 (as they probably should). Jaylen Waddle also. Trade down to 12 is looking worse and worse by the day. Eagles may not have their guy by the time they pick with the best players still on the board could end up being OL Slater and Darrisaw.

Parsons is dropping due to character concerns. Not sure what that's about.

#548 User offline   Buff Icon

• Properly Rated
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationSeaford, DE

Posted 19 April 2021 - 06:07 PM

View PostLeClair10, on 19 April 2021 - 05:44 PM, said:

Most mocks now have Jacee Horn and Surtain going in the top 10 (as they probably should). Jaylen Waddle also. Trade down to 12 is looking worse and worse by the day. Eagles may not have their guy by the time they pick with the best players still on the board could end up being OL Slater and Darrisaw.

If you guy isn't there, drop down again. They aren't winning the Super Bowl next year, so stock pile for next year if need be.

#549 User offline   HeadClown Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2021 - 06:39 PM

View PostLeClair10, on 19 April 2021 - 05:44 PM, said:

Here is the thing. Initially I hated the trade, but now it might have been genius. We got a 1st next year and a 4th became a 3rd. Plus the Eagles were protecting themselves from themselves. The must get the best CB available in this draft. I really wanted Pitts, but he would be a luxury pick. But even if you are in the corner that wants a WR, you could trade up to 8 or 9 for a 3rd. And at 8 or 9 they could get who would have been available at 6 anyway. So in that scenario, they traded a 3 round pick and 4th round pick for a 3rd round pick and a 1st round pick

#550 User offline   SteVo Icon

• I dare do all that may become a man.
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationPlantation, FL

Posted 19 April 2021 - 06:43 PM

We can be pretty comfortable the top 11 picks will be:
  • 4-5 QBs - Top 3 picks plus another one to ATL, CAR, DEN and maybe a trade up (NE?)
  • 2-3 WRs - Chase for sure, then Jones/Waddle
  • 1 TE - Pitts doesn't get past MIA
  • 2 OTs - Sewell is a lock, Slater is likely
  • 1-2 CBs - Horn or Surtain

That's 10-13 players. The worst case scenario for us is the only ones left from that list is Slater, but I consider that highly unlikely. First of all, I like the chances of 5 QBs going in the top 11; second of all, what have we learned about the draft? Expect surprises.

Share this topic:

• 55 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Icon2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users)

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: